Pinterest

Friday, September 9, 2011

Never Forgotten

This morning was not a typical ride in to work. I woke up on time at 5am as I do every Friday morning. I did snooze for about another 10 more minutes before I got up, got dressed and out the door. As soon as I get in my car I set the radio to AM for my daily dose of news. A few miles down the 91 fwy I found myself in tears as I heard the news team reliving the most horrible day of our lives a decade ago. They put together a clip about 5 minutes long that took me back to that early Tuesday morning in 2001when all of our lives changed for ever. It's too hard to even try to type the memories and emotions I felt that day. Glued to the TV and seeing what it seemed like the most horrific movie turned into reality was devastating for me, close friends and family.

A whole decade has passed and 9/11 will always be engraved in my mind. My love and respect to all my fellow EMT's and Firefighters that gave their lives that day will never be lost. This weekend along with lots of studying and things to do Jorge and I will take the time to remember that day and look forward to the new WTC. The renovation videos look incredible and I'm so eager to see a new Manhattan.

No comments: