Pinterest

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Little Red Wagon

I tried a couple of new things this week! I've been wanting to try the Trader Joe's yellow cake mix and white frosting for a 9" cake pan I bought at Joann's about a month ago - finally I baked it on Sunday! The frosting was super easy to make and I pulled out my recent creations and snapped a few pics before we gave the cake a try! My husband refuses to think that I need to purchase a baker's spatula to spread the frosting around. Instead he picked up a venetian plaster spatula from Home Depot and I have to admit...it did the job!! I'm not a baker by nature and all I really wanted was to easily spread the delicious frosting on my cake - thanks sweetie for the handy idea! So among new things I'm trying to create more decorations for boys. I just love the little red wagon theme I've been seeing on vintage shops. So now available is my take on the adorable boy red wagon cake topper available on my etsy shop. I look forward to creating more boy theme party decor so if you have any suggestions for me - let me know! Not too far out from my comfort zone I created a mermaid cake topper with lots of little details that include an aqua pearl! I used pearlized cardstock for the little mermaid as well as the age number...I think I like it!






No comments: