Pinterest

Monday, November 10, 2008

Starting to finally feel like a new season

I'm happy to say it was a very windy and chilly weekend but in a pleasant kind of way. I cuddled and even got a chance to prepare some Christmas cards. I wanted a few to show you today. I know I promised one for Friday but just didn't get around to posting :( I'll make it up today!! I've been thinking about how I want to decorate my new office at work. We ordered furniture and we're finally getting a window!! I want to surround myself with pictures and lots of projects. Any ideas for office goodies I can alter?? I did order a rolodex and I'm going to alter it with tiny pictures and turn into a calendar. We'll come back to this another day soon...

So here are some more cards from an order I recently finished and mailed out! I can't wait for her to get them and I'm really hoping she will love them. I worked on different themes such as baby, birthday and anniversary.


I finally got to use my New Arrival cartridge and created this card for "A Star is Born" theme. I wanted it to be neutral but I think it came out more on the blues side. I think the touch of yellow might make less boyish...I don't know I hope it works for either baby boy or girl.





Remember how I mentioned that I'm just crazy over the Sassafras paper collections?! Well I couldn't help myself but to use this one for an Anniversary card. I used the Indie Art cartridge for the love birds which I layered so they could have a background. I didn't want to do much more with it since the paper is awesome!




I used lots of bling on this one and I just had to use the Indie Art cartridge for the ice cream! I love how its melting! cuteness. I also used the Accent Essentials cartridge for the lovely shaped lined tags.



And now for a little Christmas cheer!! I worked on these last night after a 38 hour shift in the field!!! I know I'm nuts but I couldn't stop thinking about how its the second week of November already!! Besides I actually got some sleep in the back of the ambulance yesterday. This weekend wasn't nearly as busy as Halloween weekend!!


I used the Stretch your imagination and the Joys of the Season cartridges for this card. I didn't want to use the traditional Christmas colors as I'm prepping to enter the Bitten By the Bug contest over at http://regina-bittenbythebug.blogspot.com/ For this contest Regina asked that we use any Cricut cartridge to create a Christmas card without the traditional colors like the reds and greens typical of the holidays. I look forward to participating! There are unbelievably talented ladies over at Bitten by the Bug.





Aaww the joy of hanging stockings filled with goodies!!! Hhhmmm...this card has that theme exactly. I had lots of fun with this one! I used Joys of the Season and my George...again! lol




Ok so I love how the glistening little tree came out full of white snow! I bought this snow like stuff that comes in a little container and you're supposed to leave it on for a few hours to dry and WHOOAAaa...snow!! I'm blanking out on the name but if you e-mail me I'll be sure to look it up for you.


Well that's it for now. As always my great appreciation to all those that visit me! HUGS!!!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

These cards are awesome! I love the purples on the snowman card. Love them!

And the answer to your question, at least I think I know what your question is...on the mini marshmallows...those I did not make those I bought at the grocery store. The hot cocoa is homemade though. Was that your question?

:)

Jamie Martin said...

Wow, you have been busy. All of your cards are super cute.
Yes it was really cold this weekend! It was nice to have a little chill in the air but Friday it's supposed to heat up again.