Pinterest

Monday, May 4, 2009

Cutie Pie

I'm on a roll with pie...or cake this time! This little set was so much fun to create. I made a birthday card to match a slice of cake shaped box using my Tags, bags, boxes and more cricut cartridge and used MS punchies too. I'm in LLOOOVE with everything Cosmo Cricket comes out with and this line "Girl Friday" is adorable. I used lots of pink pearls and felt flowers and a sweet ribbon from my stash.







BTW...hope you had a wonderful National Scrapbooking day. I actually went to a scrapbooking store I had never been to on Saturday! Only about 20 minutes from my house. My husband was taking an exam in Garden Grove on Saturday and while dropping him off I thought hhmm where can I go for the next 4 hours!?! I didn't want to go back home so I began searching "scrap" "scrapbooking" "craft" "stores" on my phone's GPS and what do you know..... I found 3 scrapbooking stores less than 5.3 miles away from my current location! I started to navigate to "Scrapbooking Heaven" ...I thought how cool is that?!"


4.8 miles later Michelle's voice (I just found out that the woman's voice on my phone's gps is set to Michelle) said "Your destination is on your left" And wow...did I find a really cute store with lovely items everywhere! Very pleasant and friendly help as well. They were holding a class that I really wanted to join but couldn't bare thinking my husband slaving behind a desk so I instead participated in a free make and take that only took a few minutes. It was a really cute mother's day card...I just couldn't resist. I bought lots of goodies that I'm sure I'll be working with soon :)


So of course I spent over an hour at the store...by the time I grabbed a bite to eat and coffee I wanted to head to the other 2 stores in Los Alamitos when I got a text from my husband that the class was almost done. Like a good wife I navigated myself back to where I had started my mission and waited patiently as he came out. I CAN'T wait to go and check those other 2 lingering destinations soon!


Have a lovely week everyone! I'm going to enjoy the sun and the heat expected for this week!

No comments: